British turkey and broccoli are both packed with essential vitamins and minerals. And combined in this recipe, they also taste delicious!
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Per serving: 314 calories, 9g fat
500g British turkey mince
1 tbsp pine nuts
½ small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
4 tbsp vegetable oil
225ml whipping cream
3 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
1 tbsp olive oil
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 large lemon
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
For the sauce:
200ml chicken stock
2 heads of broccoli, cut into small florets, cooked
300g cooked pasta ribbons
1. Cook the onion and garlic in a little oil to soften, about 10 minutes.
2. Place the mince, cooked onion, pine nuts, lemon zest, olive oil, breadcrumbs, and 1 tbsp of whipping cream into a bowl and mix well. Season well with salt and pepper.
3. Form into 20 small balls, then chill well.
4. To make the sauce, boil the chicken stock and lemon juice to reduce by two-thirds. Add the remaining cream and reboil, the sauce should thicken straight away. You may need to add a touch of stock if the sauce thickens too much. Season well with salt and pepper, and keep warm.
5. Place a couple of tablespoons of oil into a non-stick frying pan.
6. Add the meatballs and gently cook for 15 minutes to lightly brown and cook through. Serve with warm pasta and broccoli. Spoon over the hot lemon sauce.