- 4 (about 1 pound) beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1-inch thick
1 large clove garlic, halved
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
Blue Cheese Topping:
2 tablespoons cream cheese
4 teaspoons crumbled blue cheese
4 teaspoons plain yogurt
2 teaspoons minced onion
Dash ground white pepper
- Rub beef steaks with garlic; set aside.
- Combine topping ingredients in small bowl; set aside.
- Place steaks on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3-inches from heat. Broil 13 to 16 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.
- One to two minutes before steaks are done, top evenly with topping.
- Season with salt; sprinkle with parsley.
Makes 4 servings.
Cook's Tip: To grill, place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 13 to 15 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. One minute before steaks are done, top evenly with topping.