- 10 slices bread, cubed (6 cups)
2 (12-ounce) cans NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels - divided use
8 large egg yolks, beaten
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup Irish cream liqueur
1/4 teaspoon salt
Whipped cream (optional)
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Place bread cubes in prepared baking dish.
- Heat evaporated milk in medium saucepan over MEDIUM-HIGH heat; bring just to a boil. Remove from heat. Add 1 1/2 cups morsels; whisk until smooth.
- Combine egg yolks, sugar, liqueur and salt in large bowl. Slowly add milk mixture; whisk until smooth. Pour over bread; pressing bread into milk mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Top with remaining 1/2 cup morsels. Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream and dusting of cocoa, if desired.
Makes 12 servings.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins
- Can be made without liqueur for a delicious chocolate bread pudding.
- This recipe can also be made with NESTLE CARNATION Evaporated Fat Free Milk.
- Leftover egg whites can be used to create Confetti Frittata, Mini Morsel Meringue Cookies or Good-for-You Choc Oat Chip Cookies featured.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories: 420 Calories from Fat: 140 Total Fat: 15 g Saturated Fat: 9 g Cholesterol: 145 mg Sodium: 270 mg Carbohydrates: 59 g Dietary Fiber: 3 g Sugars: 46 g Protein: 10 g