4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless, pounded thin
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup basil leaves, cut into thin strips
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Basil Butter:
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
3 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped
1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- In small bowl, combine ingredients for basil butter; blend well. Place on sheet of plastic wrap, form into a log and refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill, or broiler.
- Press black pepper into one side of each chicken breast half.
- In small bowl, combine melted butter, basil and salt.
- Brush each breast half with butter mixture; place on grill and cook, turning, until done throughout, about 7 to 8 minutes per side.
- When chicken is done, place one breast half on each of four plates; top with one fourth of the basil butter log.
Makes 4 servings.