- 3/4 cup picante sauce or salsa (hot or mild)
1 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
1/4 cup (1-ounce) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup (4-ounces) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 cup (4-ounces) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
6 large eggs
1 (8-ounce) carton sour cream
Tomato wedges (optional)
Parsley sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Butter a 10-inch quiche dish. Spread the picante sauce on the bottom. Distribute the chopped artichokes evenly over the picante sauce. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the artichokes. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese.
- Blend the eggs in a blender until smooth. Add the sour cream to the eggs and blend until mixed. Pour the egg mixture over the cheeses.
- Bake uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes, or until set.
- Cut into wedges and serve garnished with tomato wedges and parsley.
Makes 6 servings.