4 skinless chicken fillets cut into chunks
2tsp olive oil
1 leek, thinly sliced
600g (12oz) tomato pasta sauce
125g (5oz) button mushrooms, halved
125g (5oz) red pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
375g (9oz) ready rolled puff pastry
Beaten egg, to glaze
Potatoes and vegetables, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F /gas 7.
2. Roll out the pastry onto a floured board. Cut 6 oval shapes and place on a baking sheet. Score the pastry with a sharp knife and brush each shape with the beaten egg.
3. Place them in the oven and bake for 15 mins or until browned and puffed up.
4. While the pastry is cooking, heat the oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat. Add the chicken and leeks and cook for 5-6 mins or until lightly browned.
5. Add the mushrooms and red pepper and cook for a further 3 mins. Pour over the tomato sauce and continue heating gently for 5 mins.
6. Spoon the chicken mix onto the serving plates and top with the pastry lid. Serve with potatoes and a selection of vegetables.