Dr. Phillip C. Mc Graw, a life strategist is the host of nationally syndicated series - Dr. Phil. He has written several books. This health expert features in Oprah Winfrey show on regular basis. Besides he is also famous for his motivational seminars held all across the United States of America. His next book that is under process, purely focuses on the strategies, for weight management. Dr. Phil has also devised several diet recipes, that can be found on the internet as well as on his show.
One of his top diet recipes for weight loss is Addictive Enchilada Casserole:
Ingredients in Addictive Enchilada Casserole:
· Ground beef or bite-sized pieces of chicken - 1 1/2 lb.
· Chopped onion - 1 C
· Cumin - 1/2 tsp
· Garlic cloves - 2
· Chili powder - 4 tsp
· Salt - 1 1/2 tsp
· Pepper - 1/2 tsp
· Water - 1 C
· Salsa or taco sauce - 2 C
· Corn or flour tortillas - 12
· Monterey Jack cheese - 1 lb (shredded)
· Sour cream - 1 C
Procedure to prepare Dr. Phil's diet recipe:
· Pre heat the oven up to 375 degree.
· Grease the pan sized 13" x 9".
· In a skillet, cook the chicken or ground beef along with onion until it gets brown.
· Drain it & add next 6 ingredients from the list.
· Simmer it for 10 minutes uncovered. Stir it occasionally until the liquid evaporates.
· Now pour taco sauce in the casserole.
· Arrange half of the tortillas. Cover the bottom of the casserole with these.
· Pour some more sauce on the tortillas.
· Fill in the meat mixture.
· Top this up with sour cream and cheese sprinkle.
· Now arrange the remaining tortillas over the cheese.
· Next, spread the remaining taco sauce over the tortillas.
· Top it with the remaining cheese.
· Last cover it and bake for 40 mins.