- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, cut up
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups Old El Paso(R) Picante or Thick 'n Chunky Salsa
- 1 1/3 cups Progresso(R) Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) package mixed salad greens
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle red wine vinegar and oil salad dressing
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado, peeled, sliced
- Calories: 458 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4 g
- Fat: 27 g
- Protein: 26 g
- Sugars: 6 g
2. Cooking Directions
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place margarine in ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Place in oven; until margarine is melted. Remove from oven. Tilt pan to coat with margarine.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken breast halves in half lengthwise. Cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices. In large bowl, beat eggs; stir in chicken and 1/4 cup of the picante.
- In shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, salt, cumin, chili powder and oregano; mix well. Add chicken pieces to bread crumb mixture, a few at a time; turn to coat. Place coated chicken in margarine-coated pan. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon of the green onions for garnish. In large bowl, combine remaining onions, salad greens and tomatoes; toss gently. Pour half of the salad dressing over salad; toss to coat. Arrange evenly on 8 individual plates.
- Spoon chicken onto center of each salad. Top each with 1 tablespoon sour cream and about 1/2 teaspoon reserved green onions. Garnish each plate with avocado slices. Serve salads with remaining half of salad dressing, 1/2 cup sour cream and 1 cup picante.